Szechenyi Bath Birthday Celebrations: enjoy 3 days of fun in the 100 year old Szechenyi Spa Baths in mid June, 2013.
Please expect more guests during the 3 day event (don’t forget, you can book your fast track Szechenyi bath ticket online if you want to skip the queues).
Szechenyi Bath Centennial Birthday
Surprise Events, Fun Programs
In mid June 2013, from June 13 to 15, you can expect some surprising events in Szechenyi Thermal Baths.
- June 13, 2013: fun games, challenge trail, flashmob
- June 14, 2013: fun games, challenge trail, flashmob
- June 15, 2013: fun games, challenge trail, flashmob, Night Party!
To celebrate the 100th birthday the baths is throwing a 3 day program series for bath guests with many interesting things to do.
There will be a fun challenge trail set up in the baths with 10 challenges (puzzles, Charlston Dance Steps, singing, quiz, fitness, waterpolo shots, flashmob etc.).
If you want to get away from the fun in the bath palace, you can rest in the Palm House Oasis on the rooftop of Szechenyi Baths to get some relaxation in a spa environment.
Szechenyi Bath Prizes
You could even win one of the valuable Szechenyi Bath prizes, like the annual pass to Szechenyi Baths with 50 bath tickets, or the semi-annual bath pass of 25 tickets! Date: June 13-15, 2013
Szechenyi Bath Photo Exhibition on the Lake
As you may already know, Szechenyi Bath is located in the beautiful City Park in Budapest. The park has a bigger lake (skating rink in winter time, boating lake in summer), and the lake will be spotted with some huge photo displays as part of an open air exhibition showing the history of the City Park (Varosliget) and the Szechenyi Bath in Budapest. The outdoor exhibit on the lake is entitled Hello, You Old Park! (Szervusz, te ven Lizse!)
Related Celebrations in Szechenyi Medicinal Bath
In the Marble Ball room in Szechenyi Baths, the mayor of Budapest, Mr Istvan Tarlos will welcome the special guests in a special event (invitation only), followed by a Swimwear Show and a Birthday cake of 100 cakes.
The 100 year old Szechenyi Spa Baths will get a new centennial photo book (published by Szulofold Press)
It is not only the bath that is 100 years old in June 2013, but also one of the oldest Badapest taxi companies, Fo Taxi: during the 3 day celebrations you can get a taxi ride discount if you say the code 2121 (ket-tur, edge, ket-tur, edge)
10 Facts about Szechenyi Baths & Spa
- Szechenyi Bath is on the top lists of Lonely Planet (Top 20 European Hot Springs), Huffington Post (Top 8 Natural Thermal Baths in the World), Guardian (20 Great Hot Springs in Europe)
- Szechenyi Bath is 100 year old in 2013: built from 1909 to 1913 based on the designs of Gyozo Czigler (using the hot spring wells found by Vilmos Zsigmond). The outdoor pools were built later in 1927 seeing the huge success of the baths accepting approx. 900,000 people per year at that time.
- It has 21 pools filled with hot spring waters from 1.246 km underground at 76 °C (the water is cooled down in the pools)
- The bath ticket entitles all guests to use 18 of its pools, and about 10 saunas, steam rooms, gym, etc.
- In 2012 Szechenyi Bath was awarded with the most prestigious Hungarian prize: the Grand Award of Hungarian Products.
- The miniature model of Szechenyi Baths represents Hungary in the min Europe exhibition in Brussels.
- Szechenyi Bath sparties – Szecska parties & the Water Circus – rock the Saturday nights of Budapest summer nightlife.
- The hidden spa atop Szechenyi Baths is a secret haven in the bath palace: see the Palm House Oasis.
- Szechenyi Bath massages are great value. Aroma massages are a good deal for a 30 min therapy.
- Szechenyi Bath is like a palace of baths and pools with little known places like the sunbathing terrace, the Palm House Spa, the marble ball room, the gym. Explore the palace with our map to spend a whole day in the baths.