Services at Szechenyi Baths, Budapest
Although many tourists assume that Szechenyi Baths is a bigger pool, it may come as a surprise that Szechenyi Furdo is not only a huge bath and pool complex of 18 pools, but a complete wellness centre with various massages (medical, Thai, Swedish, relaxing), aroma therapies, facials and head and decolletage massages, saunas, and more. Did you know that your bath entry includes free aqua fitness classes or that you are welcome to play a chess party by challenging the local bath regulars!BOOKING
Aqua Therapy Services at Szechenyi Baths, Budapest
- 15 Indoor and 3 outdoor pools with thermal water (on weekdays 15, on weekends 18 of them are available): yes, Szechenyi Spa Baths is much bigger than most tourists assume. Prepare for a big complex, and a big relaxing fun time.
- Outdoor Fun Pool with jacuzzi and whirlpool: this is the big thermal pool with whirls and waves you will see in most tourists’ photos. Fun, fun, and fun. Are you a skeptic? Come along and see for yourself.
- Outdoor swimming pool: a professional big sports swimming pool for those who want to do some real swimming training and swim laps. Don’t forget to put on your swim cap in this pool (and this pool only – but here it is compulsory. You can rent a cap on the spot or bring your own)
- Saunas & Steam Rooms: detoxify and get refreshed in the Finnish saunas and steam rooms at Szechenyi Bath
- Massages: amazing massages, well trained medical masseurs at Szechenyi Baths: undoubtedly one of the best (and best value!) massage therapies you can get in Budapest, Hungary. You can book your massage online now.
- Cellulite treatment: get rid of unsightly bulging cellulite at Szechenyi Baths, Budapest. You can enjoy non-invasive cellulite treatments here.
- SPA detoxification: give your body and mind some break with the spa detox at Szechenyi Baths. Detoxify in one of the best thermal baths in the world with seriously beneficial health effects.
- Aquafitness – free aqua fitness classes at Szechenyi Baths start every half an hour, from 8 am to 5:30 pm. Anybody is welcome to join the classes. Move your body a bit, tone and stretch in the water without feeling the weight on your ligaments.
Medical Therapy Services at Szechenyi Baths, Budapest
- Drink therapy: the natural spring waters of Szechenyi Baths are mostly used for gall bladder therapy
- Balneotherapy: treatment of diseases with spa waters at Szechenyi Baths include hot and cold water massages, absorbing healing mineral rich waters through the skin, relaxing in moving water (see the ‘Lazy River’ Indoor Pool (‘sodromedence’ in Hungarian)
- Private tub-bath: just you and no one else – sit, soak and relax in your own personal bath at Szechenyi Baths
- Swedish Massage, Aromatherapy massage
The following medical treatments are only available with your doctor’s recommendation (local GPs prescribe them)
- Mud treatment (available only on medical prescription)
- Weight bath (available only on medical prescription)
- Carbon-dioxide bath (available only on medical prescription)
- Medical massage (available only on medical prescription)
- Underwater jet massage (available only on medical prescription)
- Underwater curative gymnastics (available only on medical prescription)
- Complex balneotherapy treatment (available only on medical prescription)
Miscellaneous Services at Szechenyi Baths, Budapest
- Sundeck: you can hire a sunbed to relax by the outdoor pools of Szechenyi Spa Baths
- Safety lockers: please don’t bring your valuables to the baths. If you have something you would like to store in a safe place at Szechenyi Baths, you can rent a safety locker
- Bath Kit: purchase your own towel and swimming cap in advance with complimentary flip flop and a bottle of mineral water
- Bathing suit rental: as Szechenyi Baths is a mixed baths on all days, it is compulsory to don a suitable swim wear – bikinis, trunks, swim costumes, etc. (monokini is not accepted or other revealing swim wear)
- Towels and sheets rental: we understand if you don’t want to carry around your bath towels during your Budapest city walks and tours. You can rent towels and baths sheets on the spot
- Fat-burning aerobics classes – get fit and burn the extra fat at Szechenyi Baths – free aqua fitness classes every half an hour
- Body shaping gymnastics classes – get fit, tone and shape at Szechenyi Baths
- Fitness centre – Szechenyi Baths and Pool is famous for its relaxing soaking waters, but there are many active classes and sports facilities if you are full of energy to burn. Get in the Fitness Centre!
- Body analysis – learn about your body at Szechenyi Spa Baths, BMI, blood pressure, etc.
- Spa tour (for visitors) – if you don’t want to take a bath but are interested in looking around Szechenyi Baths, you can enjoy a short 15 min guided tour at the bath facilities.
- Cafe, Bar – if you got hungry, you can grab something to eat and drink at the Bar of Szechenyi Baths. Hungarian specialties, sandwiches, soups, etc.
- Chess: we support the long established chess parties at Szechenyi Baths. Join the amateur and trained chess players, no language barriers.
Private Company Services at Szechenyi Baths, Budapest
- Aida Beauty Salon: get your facial done at Szechenyi Baths
- Healing Body Center Massage: in addition to the official masseurs of Szechenyi Spa Baths, the private masseurs of Healing Body Center can give you massage treatments
- Body relax massage: in addition to the official masseurs of Szechenyi Spa Baths, the private masseurs of Body Relax Massage can give you relaxing massage treatments
- Fish pedicure: soak your legs in a big bowl of fish tank and see how the little school of fish will clean your soles. Fun and healthy
- Siam Center (Thai massage): in addition to the official masseurs of Szechenyi Spa Baths, the private masseurs of Siam Center Massage can give you Thai massage treatments
- Vízkristály Co. (Water Crystal Co.)
- Marble room for rent: you can rent the magnificent Marble Room of Szechenyi Baths in Budapest for outstanding events, like conferences, weddings, cocktail parties, etc. Capacity (depending on the equipment): 150–200 persons