What are the opening hours at Szechenyi Spa Baths?
The opening times at Szechenyi Spa Baths are very flexible, we believe.
While most facilities of Szechenyi Baths are open from 6am to 7pm, the outdoor pools are open until 10pm. Mind you, the cashiers close one hour before closing time, and all visitors need to leave the pools by 9:45 (15 minutes before the actual closing time)
Opening Hours from Monday to Sunday:
- Outdoor Pools: 6am – 10pm
- Steam Rooms and Saunas: 6am – 7pm
- Indoor Thermal Baths and Pools: 6am – 7pm
- Guided Tours (15 min): 10am – 4pm
Szechenyi Spa Baths is open every day, from Monday to Sunday (sometimes even on holidays too! Please check the current opening hours for Christmas and New Year times before your planned Budapest visit).
Traditionally Christmas opening hours at Szechenyi Spa Baths are as follows (which may not apply for the current year, so please check back in December, or call the office in Dec at +36-1-363-3210):
December 24 – Dec 24 is a semi bank holiday for Hungarians: life usually stops in the city around 3-4 pm as this day is the traditional ‘boxing day’ in Hungary, when families visit each other, stand and sing around the Christmas tree, have a festive dinner of fish soup, beigli, etc., and give each other Christmas presents)
- Dec 24: opening hours from 6am to 2pm (all the facilities in Szechenyi Baths)
- Dec 25: opening hours from 10am to 6pm (all 3 outdoor pools and most of the thermal section)
- Dec 26: opening hours from 6am to 8pm (all 3 outdoor pools and most of the thermal section)
- Dec 31: opening hours from 6am to 6pm (all the facilities in Szechenyi Baths)
- Jan 01: opening hours from 11am to 8pm (all the facilities in Szechenyi Baths)
Enjoy your time at Szechenyi Baths!
Related articles about Szechenyi Baths and Pool
Public holidays in Hungary / Budapest Blog