The Opening Hours of Szechenyi Baths are no longer divided into two kinds opening times from 1 March, 2018: both the outdoor pools and the indoor facilities are open until late, 10 pm. In other words, the open air facilities, namely the 3 pools in the open air, have the same opening hours as the indoor facilities (15 pools inside for bath guests, steam rooms, saunas, massage parlors, beauty salon, 3 pools inside for hospital patients for medicinal water treatment, gym, etc.).
When is Szechenyi Bath Open?
From Monday to Sunday, all week, all seasons (spring, summer, fall, winter)
- Help Desk (check-in for online reservations): 9 am – 6 pm
- Outdoor Pools: 6 am – 10 pm
- Indoor Thermal Pools: 6 am – 10 pm
- Steam cabins and Saunas: 6 am – 10 pm
- Bath Tours (15 min): 10am – 4pm
- Buffet of Szechenyi Bath: 10 am – 7 pm
- Exceptions: national holidays when the bath is open for shorter hours, or during the same hours but at weekend prices (see below)
Is Szechenyi Spa Baths open at night, or early morning, what about public holidays in Hungary?
Szechenyi Bath at Night
The opening times at Szechenyi Spa Baths are very flexible, we believe. Basically, Szechenyi Bath is the only thermal bath in Budapest that is open until very late on a daily basis.
All thermal facilities of Szechenyi Baths and the outdoor pools are open from 6am to 10pm. The cashiers of Szechenyi bath close one hour before closing time, and all visitors need to leave the pools of Szechenyi Furdo by 9:45 pm(15 minutes before the bath closes).
Szechenyi Bath on Public Holidays
If your Budapest break falls on a public holiday in Hungary, do not despair, Szechenyi Furdo is open even on holidays. Please check the current opening hours for the upcoming public holidays, March 15, Easter, August 20, October 23, November 1, Christmas and New Year times before your planned Budapest visit).
Traditionally Christmas opening hours at Szechenyi Spa Baths are as follows (which may not apply for a given year, so please check back in December, or call the office in Dec at +36-1-363-3210):
December 24 – Dec 24 is a semi bank holiday for Hungarians: life usually stops in the city around 3-4 pm as this day is the traditional ‘boxing day’ in Hungary, when families visit each other, stand and sing around the Christmas tree, have a festive dinner of fish soup, beigli, etc., and give each other Christmas presents)
- Dec 24: opening hours from 6am to 2pm (all the facilities in Szechenyi Baths)
- Dec 25: opening hours from 10am to 6pm (all 3 outdoor pools and most of the thermal section)
- Dec 26: opening hours from 6am to 8pm (all 3 outdoor pools and most of the thermal section)
- Dec 31: opening hours from 6am to 6pm (all the facilities in Szechenyi Baths)
- Jan 1: opening hours from 11am to 8pm (all the facilities in Szechenyi Baths)
Enjoy your time at Szechenyi Baths!
Related articles about Budapest Thermal Baths and Pools
Public holidays in Hungary / Budapest Blog